Corporate Public Relations is valued as a strategic contributor supporting the company’s brand and reputation. The areas of responsibility include external communications strategy, plan development and implementation of supporting PR and social media activities.
What you’ll do:
Part of the Activation & Engagement team within Public Relations and Corporate Communications, the Sr. Social Media/Communications Manager will play a central role in supporting two of the firm’s communications priorities:
- Driving awareness of Schwab as an employer of choice both in markets where the firm is seeking to recruit top talent and more broadly as an important component of the company’s corporate reputation.
- Coordinating the firm’s efforts to activate employees as brand ambassadors, whether through social channels or word of mouth.
- Working with a cross-functional team to increase awareness of Schwab in key employment markets and nationally
- Creating and editing organic social content and implementing paid social campaigns intended to support Schwab’s talent acquisition and employer branding goals
- Identifying and engaging with online influencers in key employment markets
- Assisting with community management for Schwab’s corporate social channels
- Serving as project manager and facilitator for the firm’s employee advocacy program
- Taking on additional responsibilities as needed to support the group’s overall corporate social media efforts
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in public relations, journalism, and/or social media. Experience working in financial services or other regulated industry is a significant plus.
- Strong familiarity with using social media in support of public relations, talent acquisition and/or employer branding efforts and to engage with media and influencers.
- Experience building and managing employee brand ambassador programs.
- A track record executing within constraints (e.g. regulatory) and enlisting the support of team members and other stakeholders within a large organization
- Ability to distill complex issues and information into simple, tangible and actionable messages for specific audiences.
- Outstanding communications skills, including listening, verbal, editing, storytelling, writing, and strong judgment about when, how, what and to whom to communicate.
- Strong project management skills: ability to define success criteria, identify project risks, opportunities and core stakeholders, and effectively manage scope, teams, timelines, details
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life